Here To Guide You Through Your Family Law Concerns

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Divorce and Legal Separation
  4.  → Modifications Of Support Obligations

Need To Change Your Support Order?

The family law judges in Sacramento County and Placer County expect judgments of dissolution and divorce decrees to be followed pursuant to the parties’ intent. However, they also recognize that people lose jobs, get sick and are forced into other circumstances that make it impossible to meet their support obligations or parental responsibilities.

If you need to make a change to your divorce, custody or support judgment, don’t try to handle it outside of court. Call our attorneys at Sherlock // Anderson, PC. We can help you learn about the types of modifications that may be available.

Divorce and children often mean that your life changes over the years. If you need to modify your divorce or support judgment, we will explain the process and aggressively present your matter before a judge so you can move forward with your life.

Potential Modifications

We will move your petition for a modification of judgment through the legal system as quickly as possible. Our lawyers have helped people make changes such as:

  • Modifying child support to either increase, decrease or terminate payments
  • Negotiating a schedule to pay arrears on child support payments involving the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) and aided cases as well as direct payments to the other parent
  • Adjusting spousal support payments pursuant to the Family Code
  • Awarding child custody to a grandparent or another extended family member
  • Arranging temporary custody as a result of parental incarceration or chemical dependency treatment

Contact Us With Modification Questions

Call our offices in Roseville, California, at 916-757-6630 or use our convenient email contact form to arrange a free 30-minute consultation about our services.