Certified Family Law Specialists
A family law problem can affect many areas of your life, from your personal finances to your most precious family relationships. At sherlock // anderson, pc, both of our attorneys are certified family law specialists, we understand the tremendous stakes of family law issues and provide our clients with the knowledgeable, understanding guidance they need.
Our attorneys will work with you personally to guide you through any family law problem you face, including:
- Divorce: Whether you are engaged in an amicable dissolution or face contentious disputes, our lawyers can protect your rights throughout the divorce process in California.
- Issues that affect children: When children are involved, we work tirelessly to protect our clients’ parental rights in custody proceedings. We can also represent you in child support issues, modifications and enforcement.
- Spousal support: If you are seeking spousal support or your ex-spouse is seeking it from you, we can help you understand your rights and protect your financial interests.
- Modifications: When circumstances change, we can help you seek a modification of existing orders. Our lawyers can also help you if you are trying to stop a modification that will adversely affect you.
- Adoptions: We take pride in helping families come together through the adoption process. We represent clients in stepparent as well as agency adoptions.
- Guardianships: If you are seeking a guardianship over a minor child or dependent adult, we can guide you through all aspects of the legal process.
- Domestic violence and restraining orders: We are passionate advocates for victims of domestic violence and assault, as well as those accused of abuse. If you or someone close to you needs help obtaining or fighting restraining order, we can guide you through the process.
Certified Family Law Specialist By The California Board of Legal Specialization
Family law matters are always different and challenging. When you hire an attorney to work with on your issue, you want someone who truly focuses on family law. Our attorneys are both Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization.
To obtain this certification,
- Attorneys must complete an additional written examination on the topic of their legal specialty,
- Focused their legal work within this area during a 5-year period,
- Obtain additional continuing legal education issues,
- Demonstrate comprehensive experience with the specialty area
- Receive positive evaluations by attorneys and judges familiar with their work
- Be approved by State Bar
This certification by our attorneys demonstrates their commitment to providing the highest level of representation and advocate for our family law clients. When your family’s future is at stake, do you want to risk that with anyone but a certified specialist?
We tailor our services to meet the unique needs of each client. Not every family law issue is a full-blown legal ordeal. Sometimes clients need our services only for limited and specific purposes, such as preparing a document, filing a motion or a single courtroom appearance. By taking advantage of our limited-scope representation services, you pay only for what you need and nothing more.